Local Advocacy and Chapters
A CRPA Chapter is a community of people who look to affect change within their community by advocating for the 2nd Amendment.
Be part of the solution to California’s attack on 2A. Join a CRPA Chapter!
Current Chapters By Region:
Mendo-Lake-Sonoma County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Shasta County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Siskiyou County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Colusa County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Tehama County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Nevada County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Modoc County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Bay Area County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
South Sacramento County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Alameda County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Sierra Nevada/San Joaquin Valley Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Southern California Coastal County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
North Orange County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
South Orange County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Riverside County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
North San Diego County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
San Bernardino County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Los Angeles County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
Ventura County Gun Owners: A CRPA Chapter
CRPA Chapter Program Overview
Since its inception in 1875, the California Rifle & Pistol Association has been at the forefront of education and firearm safety in California. With the advent of the Gun Control Act of 1968 the CRPA took on the additional responsibilities of insuring the freedoms and rights for all Californians pertaining to the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution. Those rights are most readily protected through action from CRPA members in their respective communities.
The focus of the CRPA Chapter program is to promote the single issue of the Second Amendment and the culture and rights that it is meant to protect. To create groups of dedicated individuals, business owners, ranges, trainers, and clubs of like-minded values to get involved in promoting firearm safety, promoting the mission of the CRPA, and protecting their 2A rights.
CRPA Chapters are groups of CRPA Members that coordinate efforts to promote the mission statement and goals of the CRPA at the local level while receiving direction from the Advocacy and Outreach Department located at CRPA Headquarters. CRPA Chapters have the ability to be diverse in operations, obtain feedback, and work where the local community needs work the most. CRPA Chapters can operate in political, educational, recreational, and conservation activities.
The CRPA Chapter Program focuses on supporting the mission statement and goals of CRPA by creating a network and coordinating the efforts of CRPA Chapters at the local and state level. This will be achieved through passion, teamwork, education, and communication.
CRPA Chapter Missions and Objectives
- Protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and the individual’s right to keep and bear arms, both in public and private.
- Promote the objectives and mission of the CRPA at the local and regional level.
- Promote and educate the public regarding safe and responsible firearm ownership and use.
- Encourage participation in shooting sports, training courses, hunting, self-protection, and continuing to build upon the necessary skills for being a prepared gun owner.
- Work with local groups and individuals to promote the mission of the CRPA and a positive view of gun owners within the local community, schools, political environment, and with law enforcement.
- Sponsor public events which contribute to the public awareness of t he proper use of firearm and the spirit of cooperation and discipline that is derived therefrom.
- Actively engage in calls to action regarding potentially harmful legislation, local ordinances, and regulatory policies that seek to threaten constitutional rights.
- Build positive working relationships with local community leaders.
Email Kevin Small, Advocacy and Outreach Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
CRPA Chapters in the community and learning valuable skills.