The CRPA Foundation
Since 2004, the CRPA Foundation (CRPAF) has served freedom-loving Californians by raising funds to benefit eligible programs supportive of advancing its mission and ensuring the continued fight to protect Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding citizens in California who to choose to own a gun for sport, hunting, and personal protection.
CRPAF’s lawyers and experts work to strike down unconstitutional laws in court, defend and expand legal recognition of the rights protected by the Second Amendment, promote firearms and hunting safety, protect hunting rights, enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in shooting sports, and educate the public about firearms and their historic, technological, and aesthetic significance.
Donations to the CRPAF are used for the direct benefit of Californians. Grants from CRPAF benefit a wide variety of constituencies throughout California, including eligible CRPA Programs that educate and benefit youth, women, gun collectors, hunters, target shooters, law enforcement, adaptive shooters, and those who choose to own a gun to defend themselves and their families.
Donations to the CRPAF support research, publications, amicus briefs in cases across the country and in the all-important Second Amendment cases here in California, and more. Sponsors and donors are essential in the fight to protect and promote the rights of firearm owners in California.
Protecting and defending the individual’s Right to Keep and Bear Arms, both in public and private is the CRPA Foundation’s greatest privilege.
CRPAF is Building the War Chest! We have a unique opportunity to support cases from across the country that bring awareness and support to the protection of your Second Amendment rights in the furtherance of our overall purpose. You can help in several ways:
Sign Up to Be a Plaintiff– If gun laws are affecting your rights, we want to know about it! CLICK HERE
Stay Informed: Visit the Litigation Program Page for updates and Read Case Alerts that are emailed.
DONATE to help push cases forward. We are winning at all levels, but it takes resources and time to get a final ruling. Small donation or large donation–Both make a difference!
Supporting Litigation and getting strong rulings from courts across the country is one of the biggest things you can do to support the next generation of gun owners, hunters, and competitive shooters!
See what we are doing now:
- NEW! B & L Productions v. Newsom ( B & L II)
- Rhode v. Becerra– Ammunition Restrictions Litigation Updates
- Duncan v. Becerra– Large Capacity Magazine Litigation Updates (WIN AT LOWER LEVEL- WAITING FOR FINAL RULING)
- Caniglia v. Strom– VICTORY- Community Caretaking & Warrantless Searches (WIN FOR GUN OWNERS!)
- Amicus Filing Updates
- B & L Productions, Inc. d/b/a Crossroads of the West, v. 22nd District Agricultural Association– Gun show Protection (WIN FOR GUN OWNERS!)
- Kirk v. City of Morgan Hill– Mandatory Reporting of Lost/Stolen Firearms- Preemption Case
- Rupp v. Becerra– Challenge to the California Assault Weapon Ban.
- News- CRPA Files Amicus Brief Urging the Supreme Court to Strike New York’s Restrictive Carry Law and Adopt a Meaningful Standard for Reviewing Second Amendment Challenges (GOING TO SUPREME COURT!)
- News- BREAKING NEWS! NINTH CIRCUIT EN BANC PANEL HEARS ORAL ARGUMENT IN CRPA CHALLENGE TO STATEWIDE BAN ON STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES
- News- COURT RULES THAT $30 MILLION LAWSUIT AGAINST CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE FOR BLOCKING LEGAL GUN SALES CAN PROCEED
- News-California’s “Assault Weapon” Ban Ruled Unconstitutional: What Does Miller really mean for gun owners?
- News- CRPA, Gun Owners of California, and the Second Amendment Law Center Join Forces to File Amicus Brief Urging the Supreme Court to Review New Jersey’s Unconstitutional Magazine Capacity Restrictions
- News- CRPA Joins New Second Amendment Law Center and Gun Owners of California in Brief Before the U.S. Supreme Court
Your Giving Allows Us to Fund Essential Programs
Donations to the CRPA Foundation (CRPAF) support a diverse range of charitable, educational, legal, and scientific firearms-related public interest activities to preserve the Second Amendment for current and future generations.
Donations are made in the form of tax deductible gifts, appreciated stocks, wills, living trusts, donated real estate or firearms collections, and more. It all starts with your generous commitment and continued support!
The CRPA Foundation is a charitable, tax-exempt entity incorporated under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and under California law. Contributions are deductible to the extent allowable by law. Please consult a tax professional for specific advice on how such contributions may be tax deductible.
The CRPA Foundation Tax ID number is #73-1719822.
The CRPA Foundation
271 E. Imperial Highway, Suite 620. Fullerton, CA 92835
1-800-305-2772 | email@example.com
Ways to Give
- Donate Real estate or firearms collections.
- Include the CRPA Foundation in your Estate Planning.
- Donate payroll deductions with your company (check with your HR/Payroll department for information).
- Donate automobiles, watercraft, airplanes, trailers and more through the CRPAF Vehicle Donation Program.
- Donate specific items or services from our wish list! Items will benefit 501(c)(3) charitable purposes such as Event Donations, Grants, Training, Range Safety, Competitive Shooting, 2A and Conservation Experiences to serve the public.
- Shop online at AmazonSmile and donate a portion of every purchase made.
- Donate By Mail or Online.
Explore Essential Supported Programs
Training, Education and Firearm Safety
Firearm safety is a fundamental component across all programs supported by the CRPA Foundation. Through its efforts, the public is made aware of gun safety programs that are effective in reducing accidents and violence without infringing on the rights of law-abiding gun owners. The CRPAF encourages more active participation by the general public in organized firearms sportsmanship events and sponsored public events which contribute to public awareness of the proper use of firearms and the spirit of cooperation and discipline that is derived therefrom. These efforts exist to serve and inform the Second Amendment, hunting and firearms communities on issues that relate to their rights and legal concerns through the accessibility of:
- Educational media promoted by social media platforms and print publications.
- Research and development of publications that support Second Amendment issues.
- Special intertest programs such as women’s interests, faith based property programs training and education, and youth shooting sport programs.
- Hunting and conservation opportunities for youth, veterans, adaptive shooters, and adults of all ages, backgrounds, and experience.
- Firearms safety training courses; and
- Range and retail assistance programs that effectively enhance the understanding of legal California compliance requirements.
Hunting and Conservation
The CRPA Foundation promotes access to hunter education, wildlife conservation and outdoor activities that protect Californian’s hunting rights and preserve California’s natural resources for generations to come. These widely supported programs advance participation in hunting, target shooting and safe gun ownership. The CRPA Foundation focuses on ensuring that these educational and recreational opportunities are accessible for California outdoorsmen and women alike, with an emphasis in affording new and continued opportunities to youth, women, veterans, and adaptive shooters.
Youth Shooting Sports
The CRPA Foundation is dedicated to fostering youth leadership skills through bolstering programs that engage kids, teenagers and young adults in wildlife conservation, hunting heritage and traditions, and competitive and recreational shooting sports. Through its Youth Scholarship Program, the CRPA Foundation supports collegiate bound students that believe in the preservation of the Second Amendment and conservation of wildlife in California.
Civil Rights Litigation
CRPA Foundation’s work in fighting for constitutional rights of gun owners is essential to its core purpose of education. When laws infringe upon the rights of gun owners to exercise their freedoms, the very mission of the CRPA Foundation is threatened. The CRPA Foundation supports litigation that defends and expands legal recognition of the rights protected by the Second Amendment and, supports litigation that seeks to strike down unconstitutional laws that conflict with our charitable purposes. The CRPAF is a named plaintiff in many California gun owners’ cases, supports other named plaintiffs, and supports many CRPA cases in the California courts and plans for many more. The CRPA legal team has decades of experience and works diligently to stop California from enacting numerous unconstitutional laws. The CRPA Foundation is also known to support cases across the country through its amicus brief support program to further support the Second Amendment. Click here to read more.
Want to help in the fight to protect your civil rights and the civil rights of others? Consider being a named plaintiff in one of our current or upcoming lawsuits. We always need a pool of possible plaintiffs. Please click here to request a form. Our legal team will review your confidential application and reach out to you with more information. Please note: completing a form is not a guarantee for being chosen as a plaintiff in one of our legal actions.
Marksmanship and Range Protection
Recreational and competitive target shooting programs, like matches, engage new shooters in learning valuable marksmanship skills, foster community growth, and aid to protect shooting ranges provide. These programs serve as forums that engage the public in firearm safety, gun law politics, and safe, responsible participation in the shooting sports. To participate in the shooting sports, people must have access responsibly and safely to training opportunities and shooting ranges. Unfortunately, too many ranges in California are being forced to close due to issues that could have otherwise been avoided. Accordingly, range owners and operators must be aware of the many threats and remain knowledgeable about resources and assistance programs available to proactively address predictable challenges. The CRPA Foundation supports CRPA’s Range Shield Program which serves in helping ranges operate successfully in compliance with California law through its team of lawyers, experts, range designers, noise consultants, and environmental consultants standing by to help local ranges. The CRPA Range Shield team is available to consult with your Board of Directors to discuss any issue. Be sure that your range is compliant with federal, state, and local laws by scheduling a free shooting range assessment visit. Click here for more information.
Historical Arms Exhibitions
Historical arms collecting is a crucial facet of our Second Amendment heritage that begs conservation as collectors preserve a piece of history for generations to come. The CRPA Foundation educates the public about the historic, technological, and aesthetic significance of firearms and supports exhibitions and displays of historically significant firearms in the hands of collectors who come to appreciate their historical significance. The historical significance of firearms and their development continues to fascinate and educate those who experience such exhibitions and collections. Click here for more information.
Research, Education, and Publications
Modern day social and digital media campaigns are critical in educating the public and mobilizing the truth about the social value and utility of firearms. The CRPAF funds digital media campaigns including public service announcements focused on firearms education for the public, firearms safety, hunting, conservation and more; publishing and distributing several educational booklets and brochures on gun laws, gun safety, and other topics of interest to California citizens and gun owners. The Foundation supports pro-2A research and articles in various publications. Click Here To See All Publications from the CRPA Foundation.
Donate to the CRPA Foundation
Your Giving Affords us to Fund Essential Programs
CRPAF Statement of Financial Practices
The CRPA Foundation (CRPAF) has a Board of Trustees that watches the books and expenses and inside and outside accountants that scrutinize expenses. CRPAF also has a conflict of interest disclosure and review policy, a vendor fraud prevention policy, expenses review and limitation policy and review process, and multiple other safeguards in place to make sure every donation is spent wisely and frugally. Board of Trustee members are volunteers and are paid nothing for the many hours of work because they believe in the mission of CRPAF. Any legal work done for the CRPA or CRPAF is done at significantly reduced hourly “non- profit” rates. No other 2A association is more scrupulous about avoiding financial improprieties than CRPAF. Donations and funds are closely monitored, budgeted, and reinvested into education, program offerings, and fighting for the rights of California gun owners.