CRPA PAC Endorsement Process
IF YOU ARE RUNNING FOR OFFICE IN 2023 or 2024, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WE WILL PROCESS APPLICATIONS FOR ENDORSEMENT AS THEY COME IN. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE. WE WILL ISSUE ENDORSEMENTS AT LEAST ONE TIME PER MONTH-PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A RUSH ENDORSEMENT.
WE TAKE THE ENDORSEMENT PROCESS SERIOUSLY AND ONLY THE BEST 2A CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE AN ENDORSEMENT.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications for endorsement:
- Must be running for office in the 2023 or 2024 election.
- Must be running for an office in California (city, county, school board, local, state) or a U.S. Congressional seat.
- If you are running as an incumbent candidate, your voting record on key legislation will be reviewed.
Why Do we have these qualifications?
CRPA PAC is focused on filling as many empty seats or flipping as many seats to candidates that support the Second Amendment as possible. In order to do so, we believe that no seat is too small and in fact, the more local seats can many times have the biggest impact on your community and life.
We do not care if you are young and just getting started in politics or if you are an experienced advocate. We all have much to offer to the voters of California.
What are we looking for in a 2A Endorsed Candidate?
- First and foremost, you must uphold the idea that the Second Amendment is a valued right, an individual right, and one that should not be infringed upon.
- Articulate your “why.” We endorse candidates who are able to explain why they got into the race and their positive vision for their community.
- Campaign plans focused on voter contact. Campaigns are won by having one-on-one conversations with voters and being active.
- Community engagement. We’re looking for candidates who play an active role and understand the needs of the local community, whether through your volunteer activities, political activism, or through your professional career.
- Heart & hustle. We support candidates who will do whatever it takes (within reason and 100% within the constraints of the law) to win their elections and do their absolute best each and every day.
We take risks on candidates, but we will not endorse everyone. In order to create an environment where candidates are proud to be an endorsed 2A candidate, we simply cannot endorse every person that applies.
When To Apply for Endorsement?
- As a general rule, you should apply for endorsement at least 3-6 months before your primary and at least 6-12 months before your general election. (If you are endorsed during the primary, that will carry forward into the general election. No need to re-apply).
- You should have your team together and your campaign plan laid out with fundraising already started. CRPA PAC will not fund entire campaigns. If you have events, please let us know so we can share with potential voters.
- **We will consider multiple endorsements in some races if both candidates meet the requirements of endorsement.